Working at the TUSA
The team is made up of staff, elected representatives, interns, volunteers, and the Board.
As a ‘for purpose’ organisation, we expect that all members of the team are passionate about student rights and the student experience.
The TUSA is a student-led organisation, but due to the annual cycle of elected representatives, it is essential that there is continuity and consistency of culture and service.
We are building this capacity through a combination of robust planning and record keeping, excellent induction of newcomers, and a consistent staff support base over time.
It is our plan to increase the representation of current students and recent graduates on the staff through new hires and internships, to ensure ongoing relevance and retention of knowledge.
We have a flexible working environment, where productivity, proactivity and outcomes are valued more than numbers on a timesheet. A majority of our team are employed part-time and this highlights the need for balance between work and other interests.
As a statewide organisation we embrace technology and remote working to ensure connection and a sense of belonging to the team.
Our team is divided into smaller task-based groups, including the:
- Elected Student Representatives
- Executive and Administrative Team
- Student Advocacy Team
- Student Engagement and Insight Team, and
- Communications Team
Cross-team collaboration is common, with sub-groups and committees often taking ownership of individual projects throughout the year.
Why work in the TUSA?
The TUSA is an historical organisation undergoing a transformation to ensure ongoing relevance and sustainability. It is an exciting time to be part of this dedicated and hard-working team.
- A ‘For Purpose’ organisation aligned with positive social outcomes
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Positive and enthusiastic colleagues
- A collaborative work style with individual role autonomy
- A flat structure supporting individuals to effect change and make a difference
- New challenges and opportunities in response to the ever-changing student experience and environment
If you are interested in working with us, take a look around the website to familiarise yourself with who we are and what we do, and check out the current vacancies on the Paid Roles and Vacancies page.